top of page

Motor Vehicle Accident

Your auto insurance covers you for a minimum of 10 chiropractic treatments for minor injuries under the Alberta Diagnostic Treatment Protocols Regulation.

Chiropractic treatment for minor injuries is billed directly to your insurance company. You do not have to submit receipts for reimbursement.

Make sure you tell your chiropractor that you were injured in a car accident so they will fill out the forms to have your treatment costs covered.

In addition, every Albertan is entitled to $750 of chiropractic care coverage for more serious injuries (under Section B), but access to these benefits varies based on your auto policy.


How Do I Recieve Treatment? 

Within 10 days of the collision:


File an injury accident report with the police.


Seek treatment from a primary health care provider (PHCP): chiropractor, physical therapist or physician. If your injury is considered minor (i.e. sprain, strain or minor whiplash injury), you do not need authorization from your insurer. You may begin treatment immediately and your insurance company will be billed directly.


File the appropriate forms with your insurer. Forms are available from your chiropractor, insurer or insurance broker.


If you have any questions, please contact your auto insurance company and ask about your MVA health care coverage under Section B.

bottom of page